The Forest Ecology Lab at The Morton Arboretum conducts research on a variety of topics related to forest ecology and management.
Our primary focus areas are the forest landscapes of temperate North America and the urban forests and public gardens of the US and beyond.
Forest complexity, functioning, and community dynamics
Urban Forest Landscapes
Global change and Public Gardens
- Structural Complexity and Productivity in Forests
- Forest community response to moderate-severity disturbance
- Understanding and Modeling Urban Forest Landscapes
- Maintaining Oak Canopy Dominance in the Chicago Landscape
- Tree phenology in response to recent climatic changes
- Dynamics of white pine-hemlock-hardwood forests
- Great Lakes Coastal Pine Forests
- Ecological Impacts of Invasive Trees